Assistant Web Editor
Title: Assistant Web Editor
Reports to: Digital Content Director
Job Duration: Full-time; 5 days/week
Job Location: Norwalk, CT USA
Summary: Cottages & Gardens is looking for an Assistant Web Editor to join our digital team.
This position is based in our Norwalk, CT office. Occasional night and weekend travel to local events in the Connecticut, New York and Hamptons region may also be required.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter with the subject line "Assistant Web Editor" to email@example.com
Assist Cottages & Gardens’ Digital Content Director in preparing print/web content for online publication by building online articles and galleries in a content management system (CMS), collecting assets associated with print/web content, promoting print content across the publication’s multiple social media channels and other duties as assigned.
• 1-2 years experience working for a digital editorial property
• Familiarity with content management systems (CMS)
• Working knowledge of HTML
• Experience overseeing and tackling multiple projects at once
• Experience managing the production process from start to finish
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to adhere to departmental processes, work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
College degree, preferably with digital journalism, or media studies concentration, or equivalent experience