Design Discoveries from New York and Beyond: Bookcase
Protect your favorite reads with one of these five case goods
1. Protect your favorite reads behind the honeycomb doors of the gilt mahogany Walker bookcase, part of Aerin Lauder’s line for EJ Victor. $14,012, available at retailers in May and by pre-order at aerin.com.
2. On the occasion of their silver anniversary, home-furnishing gurus Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams have introduced the nail-head-accented Lucas bookcase, customizable with an array of fabric and leather choices. $2,970 (as shown), at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, 210 Lafayette St., NYC, 212-431-2575.
3. Available in either a rich veiled walnut or a whitewashed driftwood finish, the Desert bookcase from Laura Kirar’s collection for McGuire combines hand-crafted details with a casual, solid functionality. $3,794, at McGuire New York, 200 Lexington Ave., NYC, 212-689-1565.
4. Designer Brett Beldock’s Alice bookcase, from her exclusive furniture line at Profiles, features shimmery brass straps and sumptuous walnut shelves. $11,430, available to the trade at Profiles, 200 Lexington Ave., NYC, 212-689-6903.
5. This casually elegant, graphically angled bookcase from Oly Studio comprises an iron base and resin shelves. Its sharp lines and antiqued gold finish create an architectural silhouette that is both playful and uniform. $3,150, at Oly Atelier, 408 Greenwich St., NYC, 212-219-8969.
A version of this article appeared in the April 2014 issue of New York Cottages & Gardens with the headline: Case Goods.