Cutting Edge Objects to Buy and Love
June's must-haves for the design obsessed shopper
1. Gertrude Jekyll, renowned writer and gardener created this original Mediterranean-style olive jar. Made of marble, rock and resin, it is lightweight and weather resistant for year-round use. Shown here in Lead Grey, size: 19”h x 21”w, $450. Made in New York City. Pennoyer Newman I 212.839.0500.
2. Santa Barbara Umbrella debuts this chic, new Doubledecker hexagonal umbrella. With its Santa Barbara Blue canopy finished with a retro-scalloped valance and dragonfly brush fringe, it is pool-party ready. Bronze finish powder coated aluminum frame. Available in more than 100 color combinations. Santa Barbara Umbrella I 800.919.9464.
3. English Pine Farmhouse Table with carved English Chairs. Table $3,200. Chairs $375 (each). Terry Ford Interiors I 631.288.0131.
4. Laura Kirar for Barlow Tyrie, her Tête à tête daybed in hand-woven resin material is designed with two in mind. Available in Driftwood color (shown) or Java brown. From $5,200. Barlow Tyrie I 800.451.7467.
5. Elizabeth Dow Home Designer Belgian SAFE-T Absolutely Safe Fire Extinguisher. The classic red extinguisher has been remodeled with absolute style and makes for the perfect house gift. $175. Various styles available. Elizabeth Dow Home I 631.329.1414 I email@example.com.
6. Black Swan Antiques Antique French wicker reclining chaise lounge with detachable footstool, ca 1910. Fantastic condition. Perfect spark of classic style to complete your personal space. Black Swan Antiques I 631.377.3012.
7. Doris Leslie Blau Samarkand Antique Rug. Circa 1900. 9’4’’ × 5’. $25,000. BB4399. The dusty rose field with a trellis overall of angular vinery and abstract flower heads. Doris Leslie Blau I 212.586.5511.
8. Sea Green Designs Celebrate the 125th Birthday of the Bistro Chair with this limited edition version of the chair. The original is also available in 24 colors. Sea Green Designs I 631.259.3612.