New York City's Famous Chrysler Building Sells At a Loss



The Chrysler Building is one of the most recognizable buildings in New York City. The landmark dates back to 1930 and has been a fixture in Manhattan’s skyline since it’s conception. Recently, the art deco-style masterpiece has crept into the forefront of real estate dealings. The Real Deal details the sale of the iconic structure for $150 million to real estate titan RFR Holding. 

The sale comes at a major loss from what the previous owners paid. In 2008, an Abu Dhabi investment fund purchased a 90 percent stake in the building for $800 million from Tishman Speyer who held on to the remaining 10 percent of the building’s rights. It is also worth noting that the building’s rent has risen tremendously, and puts it at an incredible disadvantage to compete with the prices and modern amenities of up and coming skyscrapers. 

Situated at 405 Lexington Avenue, the Chrysler Building is in a premium location. The heart of Midtown bustles around the long-standing landmark and commuters attest to the convenience of traveling to and from Grand Central Station. The art deco spire has enthralled architects and lovers of design alike and remains one of the most recognizable pinnacles of the Big Apple’s skyline. 

CBRE Group Inc. represented the listing on behalf of the sellers. 

Edit ModuleShow Tags
Edit ModuleShow Tags
Edit ModuleShow Tags
Edit ModuleShow Tags

Property of Note

Edit Module
23 Remington Road, South Carolina 
23 Remington Road is a 2,759-square-foot home in the River Road neighborhood of Palmetto Bluff. This four-bedroom, four-and-a-half-bathroom home features a living room that effortlessly flows into the kitchen and back porch. Two gas brick fireplaces, custom molding and ample outdoor living space add a layer of charm. Conveniently located, this home is within walking distance of an amenity center and the River Road Preserve, a 120-acre protected maritime forest.



View more details about 23 Remington Road, South Carolina

Edit ModuleShow Tags

Property of Note

727 Oenoke Ridge, New Canaan, CTStunning 5-acre estate with carbon-free footprint. Masterful Gardner & Larson home, with attention paid to every detail, is supported by clean renewable energy from its high-efficiency solar array. Sparkling Christopher Peacock kitchen, new Master Bath by DEANE, whole-house entertainment system, home gym, sauna, theater & extensive and meticulously designed gardens, punctuated by a stunning pool with spa. Free yourself of utility costs while enjoying ultimate privacy, location, and luxury.



View more details about this 727 Oenoke Ridge, New Canaan, CT
Edit ModuleShow Tags Edit Module

Edit ModuleShow Tags
Edit ModuleShow Tags Edit ModuleShow Tags
Edit ModuleShow Tags
Edit ModuleShow Tags