Innovation in Design Awards Rules & Entry Checklist
We invite all professionals in the fields of interior design, architecture, small space design, kitchen design, bath design, garden design and product design to submit their most innovative projects. All entries must be submitted online by the following dates:
March 2, 2018: Connecticut/CTC&G
June 8, 2018: Hamptons/HC&G
August 10, 2018: New York/NYC&G
Entries Will Be Accepted in the Following Categories:
Interior Design - Please submit an entire project consisting of at least three rooms.
Small Space Design - Applicants are invited to submit design projects that are comprised of 1,000 square feet in size or less, must be a livable, multi-functional space. Examples include apartments, guesthouses, pool houses and garages.
Product Design - Awards will go to designers/manufacturers who incorporate creativity and innovation, whether that is in a piece of furniture, lighting, ceramics, textiles, technology, appliances, automotive, etc.
Connecticut: Product(s) must be available for purchase in the state of Connecticut. The winners will be selected by a panel of design professionals. The Readers' Choice Best Product Design winner will be selected by C&G's online audience.
Hamptons: Product(s) must be available for purchase in the Hamptons. The winners will be selected by the HC&G Editors. All products must be designed in Suffolk County; if produced outside of Suffolk County, entrants must indicate where such production occurred. The Readers' Choice Best Product Design winner will be selected by C&G's online audience.
New York: Product(s) must be available for purchase in New York. The winners will be selected by the NYC&G Editors. All products must be designed in New York; if produced outside of New York, entrants must indicate where such production occurred. The Readers' Choice Best Product Design winner will be selected by C&G's online audience.
* Feel free to submit “before” images if you believe they further support the strength of your entry.
- Only residential projects in the following locations are eligible:
- Connecticut: anywhere in the state of Connecticut
- Hamptons: Suffolk County, including the North & South Forks of Long Island and adjacent towns
- New York: anywhere in the state of New York including NYC, Westchester County, Hudson Valley & Nassau County exclusive of Hamptons & Suffolk counties, as defined above.
- Same project may be entered into multiple categories for an additional fee.
- Multiple projects may be submitted into one category. (Only one project may be chosen as winner)
- Projects cannot have been previously published in print or featured digitally (shelter magazine).
- Projects must be accessible for photography in April in the event the project is chosen as a finalist.
- Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- Images submitted may be published by C&G Media Group at no cost and may be used for all media. Please obtain prior written permission from the photographer.
- Please include the proper photographer’s credit information, along with the name and email address of the photographer, with the digital submission.
- Please include a detailed list of other professionals involved in the project and products used.
How To Enter:
All entries must be submitted online.
New Users: Create your account. Returning Users: login to the entry portal
- Select the category you wish to enter
- Make sure to add: project name, contact details, company name (as you would like it to appear in print) and company address
- Enter the description of the project
- Upload up to 10 high-resolution digital images that illustrate your project’s best features. State clearly whether it is the Entrant or the Photographer who owns the digital images and the Photography Rights for Editorial Reproduction.
- Upload signed homeowner’s release form
- Upload signed photographer’s release form
- Pay your entry fee
Deadlines & Fees:
First Entry Deadline
Connecticut/CTC&G: Friday, March 2
Hamptons/HC&G: Friday, May 25
New York/NYC&G: Friday, August 10
$125 for the first entry, then $100 for subsequent entries
Extended Entry Deadline
Connecticut/CTC&G: Friday, March 9
Hamptons/HC&G: Friday, June 8
New York/NYC&G: Friday, August 17
$175 per entry (includes late fee)