This Converted Essex Coach House Lists for $2.25M
A twist on the Colonial is the antique barn that has been converted into a home—just as authentic, but with loftier and more open-plan rooms. That’s the case with a new listing in Essex, which was once the coach house on the property of the man who owned the largest witch hazel company in America, the Reverend Thomas N. Dickinson. Built in 1890 to garage carriages and provide housing for servants, the reimagined structure now offers four bedrooms and six bathrooms, sited on one in-town acre with views onto the Connecticut River. The $2,250,000 property also features a pool and terrace, bordered by an 18-column grape arbor and an artist studio. It’s offered by Mariette Woolfson of William Pitt Sotheby’s International Realty in Essex.
5,345 sq. ft.
Contact: Mariette Woolfson at William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty, williampitt.com
French doors in the den lead to the patio.
The light-filled kitchen.
A fireplace anchors the formal living and dining room.
The grounds feature a built-in pool.