Transform the heart of your home with these style-boosting design solutions. From cabinetry to appliances and high-tech faucets.
1. Christopher Peacock’s Contemporary collection has a hearth around the range in horizontal walnut planking that ties effortlessly into the island. The backsplash above the range is smoked quartz, mined in Madagascar and hand-pieced together. D&D, NYC, 888-889-8891, Greenwich, 203-862-9333, peacockhome.com. 2. This Rose Adams kitchen displays her latest hand-painted cabinetry finish, a blend of elegant, English-inspired styling with the modern sophistication of hardware from Belwith Products’ Studio collection. Westport, 203-222-4944, roseadamshome.com. 3. Pantone’s 2013 color of the year, Emerald, is now available as a Plain & Fancy Custom Cabinetry finish (shown here on a Lakeview style cabinet). The company can custom match enamel paint to any hue—from the gemstone of a treasured ring to the lush glow of an Irish landscape. Through NuKitchens, South Norwalk, 203-831-9000, nukitchens.com, plainfancycabinets.com. 4. Wheelock Maidique’s modern kitchen features walnut plywood cabinetry with a solid ash frame surround. Blum Aventos lift mechanisms provide convenient access to cabinet interiors, and Caesarstone’s Fair Lady wraps around the breakfast bar. Old Greenwich, 203-527-0020, wheelockmaidique.com. 5. The new +Edition collection from Poggenpohl combines the classic details of natural walnut wood veneer with the modern appeal of white lacquer cabinetry. A&D, NYC, 212-355-3666, poggenpohl.com.
1. The hand-hammered range hood from Native Trails creates an elegant silhouette. Chalet in a brushed nickel finish is shown here. Through Waterware of Plimpton & Hills Corp., Stamford, 203-965-5959, waterwareshowrooms.com, nativetrails.net. 2. Handcrafted in Italy, Eurochef’s newest Majestic Dual Fuel range from the ILVE line is shown here in matte black with a griddle-top configuration. Customizable color, trim, cooktop and leg options are available. Through Aitoro Appliance, Norwalk, 203-847-2471, aitoro.com, eurochefusa.com. 3. Fagor updates the 30-inch gas cooktop with stainless steel and cast iron interlocking grates and a triple-crown burner. Through Porcelanosa, Greenwich, 203-698-7618, porcelanosa-usa.com, fagoramerica.com. 4. Can you hear that? Miele offers the sound of silence with the quiet Futura Diamond dishwasher. The BrilliantLight LEDs provide illumination for easy loading. Through Deane, Inc., Stamford, 203-327-7008, deaneinc.com, mieleusa.com. 5. Stock your favorite foods and beverages in the new 24-inch under-counter refrigerator with a right- or left-hand door swing, an elegant Jenn-Air storage solution. Through Marsillio’s, Fairfield, 203-366-7541, marsillios.com, jennair.com. 6. With BlueStar’s Heritage Classic range, home chefs can achieve restaurant results using the professional raised griddle/broiler. Available in 190 color options, including Pastel Orange (shown here). Through Klaff’s, Danbury, 203-792-3903, Norwalk, 203-866-1603, klaffs.com, bluestarcooking.com.
7. Dacor introduces the first automated, temperature-controlled, four-bottle wine-dispensing system for the home. Cheers to that! Through Aitoro Appliance, Norwalk, 203-847-2471, aitoro.com, dacor.com. 8. Chill out with the latest freestanding wine storage from Liebherr, which has three temperature zones to house 178 bottles. Through Powerhouse Kitchens & Appliances, New Milford, 860-355-3116, powerhouseappliances.com, liebherr.us. 9. Keep in good spirits with a refrigerator unit that offers a variety of options: an upper-cabinet wine cooler holds 72 bottles, while the lower area stores 39 bottles. Model OGF150K, Officine Gullo, Miami, 800-781-7125, officinegullousa.com. 10. GE’s Café French door refrigerator has a hot-water dispenser, ideal for making tea, soup or hot cocoa at the push of a button. A&D, NYC, 212-223-1699, through Powerhouse Kitchens & Appliances, New Milford, 860-355-3116, powerhouseappliances.com, geappliances.com. 11. Thermador’s Pro Grand steam range changes how real cooks cook with a steam and convection combination oven, a full-size convection oven and warming drawer. Through Albano Appliance & Service LLC, Pound Ridge, NY, 914-764-4051, albanoappliance.com, thermador.com. 12. Sub-Zero’s New Generation integrated refrigeration columns with custom front panels fit flush with other cabinets, creating an elegant and practical look. A&D, NYC,1888-327-0053, through Clarke, South Norwalk, 203-838-9385, clarkeliving.com, subzero-wolf.com.
1. Celebrate the natural beauty of fireclay with the simple bowed front and graceful look of a Shaws Original Waterside Apron Fireclay sink. Rohl, through Klaff’s, Danbury, 203-792-3903, South Norwalk, 203-866-1603, klaffs.com, rohlhome.com. 2. Dornbracht’s latest addition to the Tara Ultra series uniquely features a deck-mounted faucet and pot-filler combination. With an arm projection of 21 ⅔ inches, Pivot has the ability to provide hot or cold water anywhere within a 360-degree radius rotation. Through Davis & Warshow, Mount Kisco, NY, 914-252-4417, dwny.com, dornbracht.com. 3. The industrial-inspired R.W. Atlas collection includes the Bridge two-hole kitchen mixer with metal side-mount handles and sprayer (shown here in burnished nickel). Waterworks, Danbury, 203-546-6265, Greenwich, 203-869-7766, waterworks.com.
4. Brizo updates the Solna contemporary kitchen collection with a new single-handle, pull-out faucet that includes optional SmartTouch technology; activate the water flow with a simple touch to the faucet body, spout or handle. Through Frank Webb’s Bath Center, Stamford, 203-325-1355, frankwebbbath.com, brizo.com. 5. Kohler’s Whitehaven apron-front sink has a streamlined, versatile farmhouse style with a low barrier that divides the two compartments for easy washing and rinsing. Through Best Plumbing Tile & Stone, Stamford, 203-975-9448, bestplg.com, kohler.com. 6. When in need of a late-night glass of water, KWC’s newest faucet helps light the way. ZOE has an integrated LED light with an on/off button and automatic shutoff. Through Bender Plumbing Supply, New Haven, 203-787-4288, Waterbury, 203-753-6884, benderplumbing.com, kwcamerica.com.